Saturday, May 5, 2018

Hiatus

Dear Friends,
Please forgive me. About a month ago, a friend came to me with a request. He had lost the gloves for his Darth Vader costume and needed to replace them. He had the pattern and the leather, so... how hard could it be? Once I figured out the pattern, how to adjust it to fit his hand, and how to keep my (hand) stitches even and straight, it turned out not to be too difficult, just a huge time suck. After 3 days of devoting hours to a fresh start incorporating all the things I'd figured out, I am about half way done with his right glove. But nothing else is getting done in my house. So I need 2-3 days to finish this glove, another week to do the left glove, and then a few days to get a new post ready. So... look for my next post around 23May. Let's hope my hands have stopped cramping by then.

Thanks for understanding.
Trudy

No comments:

Post a Comment