Thursday, August 20, 2020

Eavesdropper

Month 11 Day 20

2009 Hours

Smitty

 

“Oh, this feels so good, MacG.”

Smitty came to a stop, recognizing the voice, despite the sensuous tone of what was said. He looked around, trying to figure out where the redhead was. That’s what she calls McGregor. But I don’t see— Then he saw the slightly open door to the privacy room as MacGregor’s voice happily said, “I try to please.”

I just bet he does! Ice stabbed through his chest, and his feet seemed frozen to the floor. He could at least close the door before they make love!

The unseen woman gave another moan and sighed. “You always seem to know what I need.”

“Does that mean you feel better now?”

“Absolutely,” she answered. Smitty could imagine them inside, putting their clothes back to rights. “Remind me how good it feels, the next time I need it.”

“I don’t think—” The door opened wide, and Smitty found himself staring at a surprised MacGregor. “Hello, Smitty.”

The engineer could not move, but stood glaring at the other man. The redhead slipped around the doctor and stepped into the hallway. “Smit,” she greeted him softly.

“Colleen,” he responded with what breath he could muster. He cast wildly through his mind for something he could say to her. But the only thing he could think of was the fact that she had now started dating Tall Bear as well as Bugalu and MacGregor. And women always enjoy their dates with Tall Bear. “I, uh, ... I, uh, hope your evening went well?” What a stupid thing to say! Her date with Tall Bear was over a week ago! And I don’t hope it went well!

Her face went red. “No, not really,” she answered softly. “I was lucky MacG came along to make things better.”

Is she saying she prefers MacGregor to Tall Bear?

“Hey, wait a minute,” Drake stated, as he hurriedly stopped another crewmember who was walking past. “Wherever you’re headed, take Mac with you, okay?”

Yellow Dog gave Colleen a hard look before stating, “Sauna.” She took the redhead’s hand and pulled her away.

“While we’re there, could you give me a back rub?” Colleen asked. “I’ve just had so much tension lately!”

Smitty watched the 2 women disappear around a corner, then angrily turned to MacGreg, who was grinning, still watching where they had disappeared. “She has got legs that won’t quit,” the doctor mumbled.

“I’m sure you know that for a fact,” Smitty growled.

“Not like I’d like to,” the doctor answered.

He just had a quickie with Colleen, and he wants to know her even better than that? “And you call yourself a doctor!” Smitty rounded on the other man. “And an officer! Yet, here you are, having taken advantage of her when she’s trying to recuperate from a terrible ordeal!”

MacGregor finally came out of his daze. “What? What terrible ordeal? I can hardly get her to talk to me!”

“She didn’t seem to have any trouble in the privacy room!”

“What privacy room? What are you talking about?”

Smitty pointed to the privacy room where the doctor had recently emerged. “And a quickie on the table in a privacy room doesn’t usually involve a lot of talking!” he barked.

“Keep your voice down,” MacGregor told him. “You want the captain to hear us talking at the top of our lungs about quickie sex? Hardly the kind of behavior she expects from her senior officers, is it?”

“Oh, but I suppose having a quickie in a privacy room with the door halfway open is perfectly okay!” Smitty snarled.

“What are you talking about?” Drake asked once more. “I was in there with Mac, not Yellow Dog. Trying to get her to relax.”

“Who said anything about Yellow Dog? And the door was half open,” Smitty growled. “I heard you!”

MacGregor looked thoughtful for a moment, as if he was reviewing what had happened in that privacy room. “First of all, it wasn’t what you think.”

“It never is, is it?” Smitty spat, and turned to leave.

“What’s it matter to you?” Drake asked, his own temper aroused. “Is it any of your business what Mac and I might have done in a privacy room?”

No, it’s not. But if I admit that, he’ll realize... Blast my foolishness! What excuse can I offer for my stupid behavior? Stupid, Smitty, acting jealous over the sexual antics of an underling. With a sudden stab of hope, he turned back. “She’s my underling. If she’s being taken advantage of by a man of higher rank, it’s my responsibility to keep her from getting hurt.”

MacGregor stared at him for a moment. “Next, you’ll ask me what my intentions are.” He shook his head slightly. “No wonder she has you confused with her father.”

“Don’t change the—”

“Figure out your intentions, Smitty,” MacGregor broke in. “Don’t worry about mine, because I promise you, Mac doesn’t.”

My intentions!” he sputtered. I don’t have any intentions! I can’t have any! “Don’t try to turn this back on me! If you do anything that makes her—” Careful what you say! “—makes her less... efficient in her work, I’ll have you up on charges!”

“Will you?” Drake asked. “Well, turn about’s fair play, Smitty. Been spying on her, have you? Watch yourself. Because if you do anything that causes her pain, I’ll put you on report for behavior unbecoming an officer. Now, if you don’t mind, I was on my way to a game of pool before Mac... distracted me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment