Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Entanglement 2


Month 10 Day 31
2314 Hours
Smythe

A few minutes after leaving the observatory, Smitty walked around a corner and found himself holding a female. Not again. If this is Colleen, then I’ll know I’ve already gone crazy. But it wasn’t Colleen. It wasn’t even the nameless blond nurse, although it was a nurse. “Beth,” He breathed in relief.

“I’m sorry, Smythe, I didn’t hear you coming,” Beth Temple told him. “Guess I was in my own little world.”

“Me, too,” he agreed. I should let go of her. Not sure I can make myself do it. “Maybe you should have looked me up on shore leave.”  She had said that, once upon a time. “Beth,” he croaked.

Hazel eyes studied him carefully. “If you go back around that corner, we’ll be at my quarters,” she said quietly. He felt frozen as the level-headed officer fought with the woman-hungry man that was also him. “I could use some company tonight,” she stated simply. “I think you could, too.”

The man won, or maybe the officer’s sense of morality was assuaged by her obvious willingness. He nodded curtly and loosened his grip, allowed her to precede him back around the corner to enter her quarters.

The light in her quarters only came up to 10%, rather like candlelight, or moonlight, but it suited his mood, so he certainly didn’t complain. As soon as they reached the bedroom, he pulled her close and kissed her hungrily. She seemed as eager as he was. Almost before he knew it, they were sprawled on her bed and her fingernails were digging into his buttocks, urging him to a quick finish.

Afterwards, he tried not to rest his entire weight on her as he tried to regain his breath. His lower half felt chilled as sweat began to evaporate, but his uniform top kept his upper body overly warm. Probably the same for her.

“That was good,” Beth murmured, her hands sliding up under his uniform.

“No need for flattery,” he told her. “It was too fast, I know. I needed it too badly.”

“You underestimate yourself,” she told him. “Anyway, I needed it pretty badly myself.”

He grunted, remembering her eagerness. “Maybe so,” he allowed. “That doesn’t make my performance good.”

She giggled, and her arms pulled him even closer. “Look, I don’t have any complaints about your performance. But if you want, we could do it again.”

That’s an idea. You’re daft, Smitty. He sighed and climbed off her to sit on the edge of the bed. “I’m hardly ever able to go a 2nd time.” He eyed the pieces of clothing scattered around the bedroom, but he didn’t feel like getting dressed.

“You’re thinking of leaving,” she stated, her fingers playing with his thigh.

“I should,” he stated. But I don’t want to. Not another night in a cold, lonely bed.

Beth sat up and finished undressing, threw the rest of her clothes on the floor. “I wish you wouldn’t,” she told him, and pulled his face around for a soft kiss. “Based on past experience, it might take a while to get you here again.”

He didn’t answer, just continued to sit where he was. Her fingers began to unfasten his uniform jacket. When she got it open, he finished undressing and settled back into bed with her, their arms wrapped around each other. “I can’t stay all night,” he stated. “I don’t want to get caught by the breakfast crowd, and me still in my dress uniform.” Not that I’ve been discrete in any way so far, but that would be too much!

“I can set the alarm,” she reminded him. “What time? Five?”

“Fine.” Beth set the alarm, but left the light at its moonglow level. I like this level of light. Kind of romantic. Probably why she uses it. No reason why I can’t do the same, next time I get a woman to my room. If I ever do.

He pressed his lips into her short curls, and a spicy, cinnamon aroma invaded his nose, mingling with the musk of sex. He’d never noticed her perfume before. He pulled her closer, closed his eyes and relaxed

The doorbell rang. Smitty frowned and opened his eyes. Now what?

He started to reach, remembered it wasn’t his doorbell when Beth hit the intercom button. “What?” she asked, a touch of tartness in her voice.

“Beth? I, uh—”

She hurriedly fingered the controls again. “I’m not alone.” She turned the intercom off and draped her arm across Smitty’s torso.

I know that voice. “That was MacGregor,” he blurted out.

She sighed and scrunched one corner of her mouth, but admitted, “Yes.”

“But... he’s your superior!”

Her brow furrowed. “Hmmm.” She hesitated a few moments before saying, “He was a blasted good lover before he became my superior.”

Oh. Then maybe he wasn’t here to--

“And still can be, when the mood strikes him.”

He swallowed, stunned by her revelation. “Better not let the captain find out.”

“Oh, believe me, we are careful,” she stated. “But it isn’t that bad, really. I’m certainly not going to complain. And I’ve never asked him to do any favors for me. Therefore, what we do in the privacy of our own rooms is no one else’s business, is it?”

“The regulations are there for a reason,” he protested.

“Yes, to ensure the efficient operation of the ship without undue personal entanglements,” She agreed. “I dare anyone to say our sick bay is not efficiently operated. Even when I’m mad as a hornet with him, sick bay runs smoothly. But my being mad has nothing to do with our personal relationship.” She raised her face to kiss him. “I didn’t bring you here to talk about other lovers.”

“Why did you bring me here?” he asked, confused.

“For sex, silly,” she grinned, and kissed him again. “I hope you’ll remember that I am available to you.” She snuggled close against him and added, “Unless I’m with someone else, of course. Now, we’d better get some sleep; 5 o’clock isn’t that far away.”

No comments:

Post a Comment